Forums · Messenger Plus! Live Scripting/Skinning Documentation - Downloads

RebMillenn

0 +0

Sep 6 '20

This link goes to a download for a ZIP file (couldn't attach it here directly due to size limitations) with all revisions of skinning and scripting documentation for MP!L archived so far, which were published in .chm format. You can either download select revisions or download the entire ZIP and extract it on your computer. If you have any issue opening the documentation (almost a given for those running Windows 8 and higher), go into the file's properties and check "Unblock" before applying changes and opening. Below is a list organizing each document by whether it's for skinning or scripting, listing its revision date and minimum MP!L version it was written for.

Scripting:

• MPLScripting_20090302.chm - last updated March 2nd, 2009; written for MP!L 4.81
  • MPLScripting_20110128.chm - last updated January 28th, 2011; written for MP!L 5.00

Skinning:

• MPLSkinning_20110131.chm - last updated January 31st, 2011; written for MP!L 5.00 (most of the concepts discussed I believe should still be able to carry over to 4.xx)

If you have other revisions of the MP!L skinning/scripting documentation I currently don't have, then feel free to drop them here. It'd be helpful especially for people targeting certain versions of Messenger Plus for their scripts or skins, and just for archival sake too. Whatever may be the case, hope you all can create some awesome stuff with this!
Rating: 0

RebMillenn

0 +0

Sep 14 '20

dotcomboom wrote:
online mirror of the 4.81 Plus! scripting documentation (decompiled from the chm), in case anyone's interested in viewing it that way.

That's cool! CHM is already fine by me but it's impressive you were able to assemble the pages in a site-friendly manner anyway.

Same. But with most of Escargot's community at current being... not so interested in the software itself, that's gonna take a while before we see any really impressive stuff crop up.